The Marketing and Recruitment Specialist – School of Nursing assists in coordinating the daily administrative operations related to recruitment for undergraduate, graduate, and certificate nursing programs and special events for the School of Nursing's academic programs. The Marketing and Recruitment Specialist – School of Nursing helps to achieve the school enrollment and recruitment goals and objectives by establishing and maintaining effective communication with targeted high schools and community colleges and pre-nursing group sessions during campus visits. The Marketing and Recruitment Specialist – School of Nursing develops and maintains the Nursing website, the school's Facebook page and other social media sites, coordinates the development of advising materials, and assists with school marketing initiatives including press releases and events.
Description of Primary Duties:
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
1. Serves as the School of Nursing's recruiter at local, regional, state, and national recruitment events.
2. Assists with planning, coordination, and executing on-campus, regional, state, and virtual recruitment events and maintains local, regional, state, and national contacts for student recruitment.
3. Establishes partnerships with community colleges and health care agencies throughout the region.
4. Contributes to local and regional awareness of the School of Nursing by making informational presentations to high schools and community colleges and at other recruiting events.
5. Assists with the development of recruitment materials such as brochures and special projects and assists with data collection related to School of Nursing applicant and student demographics and success predictors.
6. Promotes scholarships and incentives to students and agencies.
7. Provides ongoing communication (e.g., phone calls, scheduled appointments, walk-ins, email, and virtual sessions) and guidance to prospective students.
8. Advises prospective students on questions related to admission requirements and application processes for undergraduate, graduate, and certificate nursing programs.
9. Coordinates on-campus tours with Enrollment Services.
10. Manages the School of Nursing's communication and marketing efforts by coordinating with other University-wide marketing efforts, manages the School of Nursing's social media initiatives including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, develops and maintains the School of Nursing's marketing and academic materials, attends WebPress training seminars, and serves as the webmaster for the School of Nursing's web page.
11. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
12. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the Director, School of Nursing.
13. Contributes to the overall success of the School of Nursing by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master's degree is preferred.
Experience: At least six months of work experience in higher education or customer service is required. Experience with social media sites is required. Experience in marketing, public relations, and/or advisement at the university/college level is preferred.
Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict management, are required. Computer literacy, including word processing and database management skills, are required. Organizational and time management skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds is required. Extensive knowledge of the University, its requirements and regulations, is preferred.
Other: The scope of this position requires occasional overnight travel and transports materials and media equipment. The position requires working at trade shows, presentations, and job fairs.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First date of consideration August 30, 2019.
Official transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
Do you value every voice and every opinion?Are you inspired to create a better future for yourself and others?Are you ready to make a difference?If so, Missouri State has a place for youMissouri State University is a public, comprehensive university system with a mission in public affairs. Our purpose is to develop fully educated persons with a focus on ethical leadership, cultural competence and community engagement.•Enrollment of 26,000 students who come from around the state and the world.•Four-campus system: Springfield, Mo., West Plains and Mountain Grove, Mo., and Dalian, China. •Students’ average ACT score above national average •Strong commitment to both teaching and research •More than 190 undergraduate options; 90 graduate options •Located in Springfield, third-largest city in state; known for beautiful outdoors, friendly people, superior health care, excellent public schools, and a variety of entertainment and cultural opportunities.Missouri State is committed to benefiting our surrounding communities. We want to create the next generation of citizen leaders through an unrivaled educational experience that emphasizes a commitment to public affairs. With a campus c...ommunity filled with diverse perspectives, voices and opinions, Missouri State is fulfilling its commitment to address the needs of a changing society. We are a community of forward-thinking teachers, learners and leaders.We cultivate students of character who enter the workforce as well-rounded professionals and honest, confident individuals. We believe in innovation, bringing fresh, relevant ideas to our area.We are dedicated to enriching our city and region, whether through cultural offerings, research and scholarly endeavors, internship programs or the development of facilities that serve a broader community beyond our campus borders.When you work at Missouri State, you tap into a network of leaders with an appreciation for big-picture thinking and a continual desire to address the professional, personal and societal needs of our changing region. There's no limit to the statement we can make together.