Reporting to the head of the Digital Marketing Center of Excellence, the Marketing Insight Manager will be responsible for defining the measurement framework and implementation for user experiences and digital presentation of our brand and marketing content to support our global financial services brands. The Marketing Insights team is committed to provide a data driven approach to guide marketing decisions and campaign optimization to support key marketing initiatives. The manager’s activities will include creating and executing a measurement framework for public digital channels by business unit including project plans, providing guidance to team members and working closely with client/partner delivery teams to implement and refine metrics dashboards.
- Lead and direct the work of the measurement team comprised of metrics, data analysis, campaign tracking and data standardization.
-Serve as subject matter expert to provide recommendations on measurable business results that support marketing objectives.
- Support the marketing team by developing enduring insights through research and insights programs including questionnaire development, sampling and reporting requirements and insights development.
- Work with global teams and data vendors to monitor brand health data to ensure data quality and reporting.
- Develop and deploy strategic insights throughout the firm via data driven learning about our market and customers as well as providing a foundational understanding of current customer behavior and future influences to optimize digital marketing initiatives.
- Deliver research expertise, succinctly interpreting and synthesizing multi-source data to insights that lead to actionable strategies and plans for the brand and go to market strategies.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of emerging research trends and methodologies to derive valuable customer insights that drive the business.
BS/BA degree required in Business, Marketing, Market Research or related field of study is required. 7-10 years of related experience in a corporate environment or for an agency is recommended.
Proven experience designing and building an Insights team—recruiting, hiring, developing, and motivating direct reports, and installing an Insight-centric culture.
Track record of success providing analysis, strategic direction, and business recommendations to C-level executive leaders on critical decisions.
Balanced blend of strategic, practical, analytical and creative thinking skills
Excellent communication skills, easily adaptable, exceptionally organized, strong presentation skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
Ability to be a trusted internal and external adviser and evangelist.
Proficiency with wire-framing and prototyping tools (Axure, Bootstrap, etc.).
A desire to work in a multitasking, fast-paced environment and to lead a highly creative and productive team.
Experience in working within Microsoft Office along with an array of art creation software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, DPS. Knowledge in HTML a plus
Leadership and organizational skills are required to determine resources and to assess and develop the skills of the staff.
Ability to grow and maintain a design system in collaboration with other Northern Trust design teams.
Internal Number: 74208
About Northern Trust Company
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust has offices in the United States in 20 states and Washington, D.C., 23 international locations in Canada, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region, and 18,800 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Our guiding principles not only survived but thrived during the Great Depression, two world wars and the 2008 financial crisis. We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
•$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
•$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
•$1.1 trillion in assets under management
•$132 billion in banking assets