Does curiosity drive your sense of exploration? Do you need to know the “why” behind a customer’s decisions? If you answered yes to both, you could be the ideal Marketing Strategist for the Virginia Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau.
We are looking for a talented Marketing Strategist who loves market research and wrangling data to discover trends, interpret numbers, provide actionable insights, and get results. You are passionate about travel and tourism, and your natural curiosity pushes you to discover what it takes to inspire travelers to explore Virginia Beach. As a well-rounded marketing communications professional you are equally comfortable behind the computer performing data analysis and in front of a crowd presenting findings to senior leadership and our travel/ hospitality industry partners. Your strong interpersonal and organization skills and your ability to translate and convey complex information to a broad audience will help you build and maintain stakeholder relationships.
The Marketing Strategist will coordinate and conduct digital marketing analysis and consumer and market research from beginning to end through Google Analytics and survey design and implementation, Search Engine Optimization and Search Marketing/ Adwords tracking, and marketing campaign performance monitoring. This role will perform analysis of local tourism economic indicators, and evaluation of national economic, program and tourism issues that may impact our industry at the local level. The position will also be responsible for assembling, organizing, and presenting insights for monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports for internal and external review.
-Strong decision-making skills through data-based insights with strong attention to detail
-Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, and diplomacy and skilled in developing interpersonal relationships
-Ability to balance left brain and right brain thinking using logic, creativity and intuition to solve problems and develop effective solutions.
-A general knowledge of travel promotion, destination branding and marketing is preferred, as well as experience working with industry vendors such as Smith Travel Research, Arrivalist, Adara, Longwoods, Travel Market Insights, etc.
NOTE: This position will close on 5/24/17 at 12:01 AM. All applications must be received no later than Midnight on 5/23/17.
In addition to the minimum requirements, the ideal candidate for this position will have experience listed in the preferences below. Candidates with the preferred experience should ensure the information is provided in the application.
|Preferences: ||-Education: Minimum: Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics, Psychology/ Sociology or related research discipline or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience |
-Experience: When applying, the candidate must clearly demonstrate in writing how they meet the following experience:
• 1-2+ years of experience in marketing management with experience in market research and/ or primary consumer research and analysis and/ or experience in trend analysis and interpretation
• Experience in managing the preparation and development of comprehensive research reports, studies and briefing materials
• Experience in overseeing research vendors to deliver outcomes
• Strong understanding of Google Analytics and marketing principles; Google Adwords and Analytics certifications would be an asset.
• Experience managing a portfolio of research projects and providing guidance to leadership
• Experience in the tourism industry is an asset
• Advertising/ Marketing agency experience preferred
• Knowledge of key economic, social, technological and political change drivers in the global economy developed through previous research or work experience
• Knowledge of economic, analytical research techniques and methodologies (qualitative and quantitative market research) and consumer research approaches
• Knowledge of the tourism sector including international trends, competitiveness, opportunities, risk and associated business climate is an asset.
• Knowledgeable in Google Analytics with desire to continually seek out training and skills development
• Passion for data-driven insights and for creative problem solving and a desire to keep up with changes in tools and technologies.
• Abilities to question how and why consumers make decisions
• Excellent analytics skills with understanding of analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable marketing recommendations.
• Self-starter who enjoys learning from, and teaching, others
• Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal
• Ability to synthesize complex, seemingly disparate information and data into actionable business insights.
• High level of discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy
• Strong operating/ working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, especially MS Excel.