The Better Government Association (BGA), an award-winning government watchdog organization based in Chicago, seeks a full-time Marketing Manager with digital strategy and execution skills to shape and execute short-, mid- and long-term campaigns around marketing the BGA: fundraising and awareness campaigns, events, and general brand awareness. This person will report directly to the Director of Digital Strategy.
The Marketing Manager is a key player in spreading the BGA’s good work, has a sharp eye for design and solid copywriting skills, and will make it their mission to bring more eyeballs, bodies and dollars to the BGA. The Marketing Manager will work to complement and support the efforts of the Engagement Editor, who manages all content promotion and distribution on the programmatic side of the organization (investigations, policy and perspectives).
The BGA is a nonprofit organization that combines investigative journalism, advocacy, and civic engagement to promote good government at the local, county, and state levels in Illinois. Its offices are located in Chicago.
- Manage the execution of the BGA's marketing and plan, with specific mandates for:
- Coordinating and executing BGA’s online development and awareness campaigns with a focus on audience insight and “digital constituent pathways,” i.e. building analytics-driven initiatives that connect active (and potential) BGA users with fuller participation, actions and donations.
- Coordinating strategy and executing promotion around BGA events (Yearly Luncheon, Investigative Awards, Idea Forums, Candid Conversations, Watchdog Trainings) in collaboration with Development team and Civic Engagement team.
- Design and publish e-mail newsletters, website pages, and lead social media publishing as needed for mar-comm campaigns around fundraising, events and general branding efforts
- Maintain the marketing-communications campaign and events calendar
- Manage digital advertising budget and plan (Google Adwords, Facebook, etc.) and track effectiveness toward improving efforts and maximizing impact, in collaboration with the Engagement Editor, who handles all communications efforts for the programming departments.
- Serve as key knowledge base on how our audience interacts with the BGA online, by managing analytics programs for key digital tools and producing regular reports
- Lead process for Annual Report, BGA brochure(s)
- Hire and manage Marketing & Communications intern(s)
- Assist in a variety of other duties/tasks as needed to support the marketing, communications, civic engagement and developments operations.