The Associate Director of Admissions: Recruitment and Marketing will work closely with the Senior Director of Admissions and Enrollment to promote and recruit students for McCormick. This person will ensure that McCormick has a prominent and effective presence in spaces (online and physically) where we can reach and recruit students for our Master's level, Doctoral level and Certificate programs. This will be done primarily through the development and execution of a marketing and recruitment strategy, developed in collaboration with the Senior Director of Admissions and Enrollment. The strategy will encompass the development of marketing materials, our online presence, (i.e., website and other online tools), external and internal relationship building and aggressive and expansive recruiting. The person filling this role may be out of the office and on the road at least 50% of the time, distributed throughout the year. The remainder of the time, the person will be primarily focused on internal events or local area recruiting, and ensuring that McCormick’s printed and online presence is attractive, effective, and represents McCormick well.
Note: The Senior Director will also share the recruiting duties, but this role will have recruiting as a primary responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Admissions and Enrollment to develop marketing and recruitment strategies and corresponding budgets for Masters Level, Doctoral level, and Certificate programs. Ensure strategies are designed to yield a student body which is cross-cultural and ecumenical, including international student representation, and an ongoing emphasis on the PC (USA) church, aligned with McCormick’s mission and strategic plan goals.Marketing-Related
- Become familiar with the McCormick community including McCormick’s history, faculty, student body, degree programs and course offerings, alumni/ae, campus, partners, unique events, etc., to identify McCormick’s uniqueness and attractiveness in the marketplace of theological schools.
- Design and produce print, electronic and social media marketing collateral which are innovative, attractive, per McCormick’s standards, and which represent McCormick and our uniqueness among theological schools.
- Recommend, and upon the approval of the Sr. Director, implement changes to and maintain the Admissions section of our website, working with our IT department through implementation.
- Work with our social media staff to develop and implement the social media strategy.
The following duties and responsibilities are in collaboration with the Senior Director of Admissions and Enrollment. The Sr. Director may fully delegate or share these responsibilities throughout the year, as you work together to plan the recruitment workload.
- Plan and coordinate internal recruiting events including EXPLORE (Master’s level), D. Min. Informational sessions, college student visits, and other events for prospective students.
- Personally represent the School at external events, such as: college and university job fairs, graduate school fairs, ministry/church events and conferences, etc. Invite others, including faculty/staff members, alumni/ae, or student representatives to attend events as necessary, due to the nature or attendance (size) of the event, to ensure the best representation and coverage.
- Understand and use Ellucian Recruit and the PowerCampus database. Track data for each recruiting event including: target audience, church denomination, cost to exhibit, number of prospective students reached/contact data collected, and other strategic information to support recruitment follow-up and future planning.
- Collaborate with the Director of Alumni/ae and Church Relations and the Centers to identify, plan and implement recruiting opportunities with churches, pastors, and other constituencies per the Church Relations’ and Centers’ calendars.
- Maintain awareness of McCormick’s event calendar, always seeking opportunities to provide a brief Admissions presentation and/or staff the exhibit table.
- Promote the school’s reach in traditionally underserved settings.
- Build relationships with college chaplains, executive presbyters, other church denomination leaders, etc. to ultimately reach prospective students within their institutions and churches.
- Assist the Director with coordinating the activities of the student recruitment representatives.
The following duties will be primarily handled by the administrative support or student representatives in the Office of Admissions and Enrollment, as guided by the Associate and Senior Director. However, the Associate may need to perform these duties on occasion.
- Plan and implement pre- and post-visit or event correspondence.
- Explain admission procedures and courses offered to prospective students through phone calls, emails and face-to-face meetings.
- Assist with follow-up communication with prospective students via phone, mail, and electronic media, as necessary.
- Perform additional related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Previous admissions/recruiting, and marketing experience are required.
- Background in theological education preferred. Alumni/ae of a graduate theological school is strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience in Higher Education preferred.
- Excellent organizational, oral/written, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use discretionary judgment.
Associate Director of Admissions: Marketing and Recruitment
Office of Admissions and Enrollment
Senior Director of Admissions and Enrollment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED (continued):
- Ability to present to small and large groups, as well as to engage in one-on-one conversations.
- Ability to work independently, meet critical deadlines and enrollment targets, while prioritizing a heavy workload, under pressure and competing assignments.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to attend some night and weekend events required.
- Ability to travel locally, throughout state, nationally, and internationally.