Shea’s Performing Arts Center is seeking a highly strategic, motivated, and collaborative individual with experience leading marketing, sales, and publications, with a meaningful focus on audience development and engagement to serve as Director of Marketing. Reporting to the President, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the theatre's leadership team and be responsible for marketing efforts across all entities of Shea’s Performing Arts Center, including but not limited to: Shea’s Buffalo Theatre (3019 seats), Shea’s Smith Theatre (200 seats), and Shea’s 710 Theatre (625 seats.) With annual attendance of over 250,000, Shea’s events include Broadway tours, family and educational programming, concerts, comedy, dance, gospel, and local regional theatre productions.
- Plan and direct implementation of an integrated marketing and sales program including advertising, media relations, community relations, website, social media, cross promotion, grass roots outreach, collateral material, direct marketing, sponsorship materials, signage, group sales, single ticket sales, season ticket sales, and more.
- Work closely with Shea’s presenting partner, Al Nocciolino and NAC Entertainment, on all Broadway touring productions and special engagements.
- Negotiate media rates, ad buys, creative media, and promotional partnerships.
- Create and direct the Shea's audience development initiatives both online and in person, including the tactical cultivation of underrepresented audiences.
- Manage strategy and content for Shea's websites and other online communication, including online advertising, video and email marketing, and social media.
- Manage and motivate in-house marketing team.
- Oversee and maintain relationships with outside vendors, agencies, and designers.
- Establish and report metrics that prove success of Shea’s marketing and sales initiatives.
- Oversee Shea’s communications and outreach, including online/offline, identifying target audiences, developing key messages, and analyzing audience response rates and participation goals.
- Create and implement integrated marketing plans and campaigns for all local single ticket and season ticket sales, including traditional media, digital media, promotions, and sponsorships.
- Work cooperatively with the Development, Education, Operations, Events/Hospitality, and Finance Departments in planning and implementation of seamless, integrated programs that maximize opportunities for fundraising, sponsorships, educational programs, volunteer, and audience engagement.
- Monitor sales and develop and execute effective and immediate responses to sales patterns driven by customer expectations, campaign initiatives, and market trends.
- Assist with budget preparation, forecasting, and analysis of season and single ticket marketing.
- Coordinate and disseminate all daily, weekly, and monthly sales reports as necessary to support and forecast sales.
- Act as the organization’s representative with the media and coordinate media interest by ensuring regular contact and appropriate response to media requests.
- Organize media-related season announcement and other similar events.
- Explore new marketing/customer service initiatives and strategies for viral and buzz marketing outside of traditional tactics.
- Protect and develop the Shea’s brand.
- Conduct market research and present findings.
- Develop strategies to increase tourism-related sales.
- Provide Shea’s presenters with marketing and public relations support as needed.
Please see complete description at http://www.sheas.org/pages/News/Jobs.html