You have classically trained consumer marketing skills and have been successful delivering results on large brands/businesses, but yearn to run your own business. Corporate life feels slow, limiting, and at times outright frustrating. You have sought out entrepreneurial or "skunk works" projects, perhaps even eschewing big company life for the thrill of an early-stage venture. You enjoy the challenge of generating step-change growth, with limited resources, in very dynamic markets.
You understand and value data, but are just as comfortable applying logic and intuition in making business decisions. You are competitive and hate losing. When someone tells you that "you can't" you smile and take that as a challenge to prove them wrong. You prefer to roll up your sleeves and work with your team more than direct their efforts from your office. You mentor others and take great joy in seeing those around you grow professionally. You seek out the hard, the risky; see the 'diamond in the rough' and take the path less traveled to reveal it.
Job Function and Purpose:
The Director of Marketing leads the marketing, customer experience and e- commerce team within Diamond Kinetics. The role is responsible for generating consumer demand, translating into revenue to achieve company targets, and ensuring customer and consumer delight throughout their entire experience.
Success in this role is defined by: leading and maintaining a high performance team, developing marketing and customer support strategies aligned with company strategy, building executional plans that deliver results, and accomplishing big things with small budgets.
Know the Market:
Understand the amateur baseball and fast pitch softball markets maintaining and expanding deep insights on players, parents, coaches, and key influencers
Be the organizational expert on direct and indirect competitors, their strategies, products/technologies, strengths/weaknesses and leverage this knowledge to create strategic advantages
Anticipate, insulate against and pre-empt competitive threats
Develop Marketing Strategies and Plans:
Translate organizational and product strategies into marketing strategies and executional plans that drive achievement of strategic and financial targets
Using market insights and data and analytics, develop customer segments and tailor plans to maximize conversion and long-term organizational value
Ensure plans are aligned and contribute to brand equity maintaining a consistent and appropriate “voice”
Coordinate and align plans across all stakeholders internally and partners externally to ensure a holistic and synergistic brand impact across all channels and partners
Apply fiscal rigor and discipline in establishing budgets, objectives, and reliable measures of impact and ROI
Drive Execution and Results:
Establish challenging goals, set clear expectations, and hold self and team accountable for their delivery
Lead team and personal execution of plans to deliver the expected results
Delegate responsibility appropriately balancing business needs and individual capacity and capability
Drive focus and prioritization in the midst of a dynamic market and rapid change; persist in the face of obstacles
Create Customer Loyalty:
Demonstrate and champion a “customer first” mentality through team and across the organization
Develop and optimize processes to support the customer and product experience; ensure “delight” throughout all stages
Develop and maintain consistent customer feedback mechanisms and integrate into product development process
Translate and facilitate customer “delight” into positive word-of-mouth, advocacy and product reviews
Lead and Develop the Team:
Build, lead, and maintain a high performing team; build “bench strength” within the teamSet and model high standards of performance; hold self and team accountable o Take an active role in the professional development of each member of the team
• Think strategically • Engage and inspire people • Establish sound plans and manage their execution • Drive for results and own them • Manage and improve processes • Think and act with urgency • Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills • Strong financial acumen and business judgment
• B.A., B.S. or equivalent degree in Marketing or equivalent field of study • 6-10 years of consistent success consumer marketing and subscriber- based consumer software or mobile entertainment at increasing levels of responsibility • Experience building and leading a high performance marketing team and managing third-party providers • Expertise in all aspects of consumer engagement and subscription conversion through digital, email, social and event marketing and measuring impact and ROI • Expertise in driving e-commerce through own website and online retailers • Proficient in managing publicity and earned media • Proficient using MS Office, CRM systems, SQL and all social platforms
Additional Desired Experience:
• MBA strongly preferred • Played competitive-level amateur baseball or fast pitch softball
• Experience managing a customer service/support function and team
• Ownership and management of brand and/or category P&L’s Start-up and/or early-stage company experience
Founded in 2013, Diamond Kinetics is a Pittsburgh-based company focused on bringing motion data and analytics to players of all ages and skill levels, and their coaches, in baseball and softball.
Building upon intellectual property developed at both the University of Michigan and the University of Pittsburgh, we’ve combined engineering talent, innovation and a fanatical passion for the sports ...to create the most cutting edge motion analysis and skill improvement tools available.
To learn more, visit us at http://diamondkinetics.com.