Rippowam Cisqua School, located in Bedford, New York, is accepting applications for its Director of Strategic Marketing position.
Reporting to the Head of School and working with the senior administrative team, the Director of Strategic Marketing will lead, plan, and implement the school’s marketing and communication strategies to raise visibility, advance the brand, build community, increase enrollment, and help grow contributed revenue. The primary objective is to devise multichannel outreach and retention programs that communicate the value of a Rippowam Cisqua School (RCS) education to our various constituents.
The ideal candidate should be able to rapidly acclimate to RCS’ history, culture, and traditions; understand and connect the educational philosophy to all marketing activities; collaborate effectively with administrative departments in articulating their purpose and ongoing work; and engage actively in professional development.
The Director must have a passion for education and children, thrive on generating ideas that are metrics-driven and results oriented, possess a very good sense of humor, and be an excellent listener who is nimble and capable of working with diverse personalities and situations.
* Serve on the senior leadership team, collaborate with Advancement, and manage three direct reports: Director of Communications, Director of Admissions, and Director of Special Projects.
* Manage the brand portfolio by establishing clear guidelines to ensure brand consistency school-wide.
* Develop marketing and PR plans that raise RCS’ profile in the media and surrounding towns, increase engagement with internal and external constituencies, and incorporate crisis communication planning.
*Create and implement measurable lead generation programs to increase student applications, maintain prospective student and family interest, and improve the quality of interactions with prospective families.
* Manage all aspects of the school’s print and electronic communications. Includes overseeing and bidding out the work of graphic designers and print vendors in the production of printed and online materials.
* Plan and manage the department budget to maximize the effectiveness of all marketing activities and demonstrate ROI.
* 7-10 years of increased leadership and marketing experience ideally in another tuition-charging, independent school or other non-profit organization.
* Demonstrated success in supervising and managing staff, budget and multiple projects in environments with shifting priorities and competing deadlines.
*Experience or familiarity with marketing software such as marketing automation, email marketing, Photoshop, InDesign, and reporting tools. Previous experience with Blackbaud is a plus, but not required.
* Demonstrated success in branding, 360-degree marketing management (inbound, content, search, social media, etc.) and bringing regular, positive media attention to an organization.
* Outstanding speaking, writing, and editing skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a detailed cover letter expressing specific interest in the position, resume and two writing samples distinct in nature and written to different audiences.
Additional Salary Information: We offer competitive compensation and attractive benefits in a nurturing community that prides itself on close
With campuses in Mount Kisco and Bedford, New York, Rippowam Cisqua School is known for its high academic standards, small classes, exceptional teacher quality, and unique commitment to a child-centric, mission driven education.
Rippowam Cisqua students face high expectations and are given the support and tools they need to meet each new challenge. Our dedicated and caring faculty are committe...d to cultivating a lifelong love of learning in every student. We offer athletics and physical education in every grade. Our athletics program promotes skill development, sportsmanship, participation, and healthy competition while emphasizing the values of discipline, focus, teamwork, and love of the game. We are committed to creativity, innovation, and the arts. Students are exposed early and often to a variety of artistic media with emphasis on both performing and visual arts. They are encouraged to explore their ideas, manipulate real world materials, and test new technology across all disciplines.